How to install Plesk Mailenable version

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

kpm547

How to install Plesk Mailenable version

Post by kpm547 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:23 pm

I have purchased and tried to install the Plesk / Mailenable version of magic spam. I am using Plesk 10.4, Mailenable 4.26 and Windows Server 2008 64bit.

The instructions for installing Magicspam just said to install it as a normal module on Plesk. I cannot seem to find out how to do that. I ended up just opening the Magicsam exe file that I downloaded. It installed and I went through the setup. Unfortunately, after 3 days of having it installed, it has caught no spam.

What did I do wrong?

magicspam

Re: How to install Plesk Mailenable version

Post by magicspam » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Hello kpm547 - your steps for installation were correct. Unfortunately, with the Windows version of Parallels Plesk there is no compatible 'modules' available, and as such we ended up having to bundle a separate installer.

As to the system not working - can you confirm please the following information:

* You have logged in to the MagicSpam interface and registered your license
* You have enabled MagicSpam from the 'Dashboard' or 'Settings' page of saide interface

If both steps above have completed, can you let us know if there are any stats showing on the Dashboard page indicating messages being processed by MagicSpam?

Thanks!

kpm547

Post by kpm547 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Yes I have logged in and registered my license. And yes I have enabled Magic spam from the dashboard.

There are no stats and no entries in the log.

Thanks for your help.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:59 pm

There is a similar forum post here that might be of assistance:

http://forums.magicspam.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=53878

Let us know if that works!

kpm547

Post by kpm547 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:06 pm

I tried it, but I don't think it has worked. there are still no stats or entries in the log.

Should this have numbers other than 0 when email is received?

Here are some basic statistics from your MagicSpam installation for today

Total number of RCPTs received 0
Number of RCPTs rejected as spam 0
Number of RCPTs exempt from spam checks 0

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 am

Yes.. it definitely should be showing something other than 0...

Do you have any other software additions for MailEnable installed that may be causing conflicts for MagicSpam to work?

At this stage it may be worth escalating this for a more direct investigation by emailing support [at] magicspam [dot] com...

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”