Spam passing, again ...

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

JasonS

Spam passing, again ...

Post by JasonS » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:46 am

Starting to have a problem with spam passing through MagicSpam that fails other tests. One email I had that was not on the BMS list but was on 16 blacklists on multirbl.valli.org and SpamhausZEN. Is there an issue with the lists not updating withing MagicSpam?

Thank you,
Jason

magicspam

Re: Spam passing, again ...

Post by magicspam » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:39 pm

Hello JasonS,

Thank you for your post.

You can check if your BMS lists are being updated by checking the timestamp of the files in:

C:\magicspam\bms\

folder. It could be possible that, at the time messages were received, sending IP addresses were not yet listed on any of the BMS lists enabled in your MagicSpam.

You can also find out this information by checking the offending IP address on the:

http://www.linuxmagic.com/products/bms/

web page, or using the "Lookup" tool in the Anti-Spam / IP Reputation section in MagicSpam admin-interface panel.

Please note that you can add any additional IP reputation lists to your MagicSpam from Anti-Spam / IP Reputation / 'RBL (Realtime Blackhole Lists)' section.

Lastly, please remember that in MagicSpam PLUS you can use our advanced Replay feature to see what policies if enabled should've block such messages. For more information on the Replay feature, please see the following post:

https://forums.magicspam.com/viewtopic. ... 5&t=237202

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

JasonS

Re: Spam passing, again ...

Post by JasonS » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:23 am

Thank you for the reply, I checked the BMS folder and it seems that most of the files are updating, there are a few that are older, I don't know if that is normal or not.
bms1.PNG
bms1.PNG (80.09 KiB) Viewed 13071 times
I see that most of the SPAM that I am receiving is Zero Day and it is block attacks, large amounts comming from different IP's in the same block usually based out of Canada. I will check the BMS list on LinuxMagic to see if IP's are listed as well as I will check into the Advanced Replay feature, I was not aware of it, that will be a huge help.

Thanks again,
Jason

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”