Enabled only for specific account or packages

Welcome to MagicSpam Pro for cPanel WHM! A better spam protection in an easy to use cPanel WHM Module. Visit here for support, frequently asked questions, wishlists and discussion groups on this great module to make life with cPanel WHM that much simpler.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

dvogiatzis

Enabled only for specific account or packages

Post by dvogiatzis » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:30 am

Hello,

I have installed MagicSpam for WHM/CPanel and it's working great. I'm considering to offer the anti-spam as an additional service and I was thinking what's the best way to do this. Is there a way to enable this option for specific packages? I know with the pro you get the extra capability to change settings per account but is it an easier / faster way to do this?

Thank you

admin
Site Admin

Re: Enabled only for specific account or packages

Post by admin » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:48 am

Hello dvogiatzis,

Thank you for your post.

Out of the box, MagicSpam provides you with the full control of server-wide spam settings. Moreover, MagicSpam PRO allows you to bundle spam protection with your hosting packages as a value added service for the users. Consequently, as you are already aware, users will have access to their local spam settings through MagicSpam user panel.

In other words, you should be able to provision MagicSpam for your customers who want to purchase MagicSpam as an added value to their package. Moreover, in order to avoid providing a free service, the default configuration of spam policy rules and IP reputation lists of MagicSpam on the global level provides minimal protection against spam. If provisioned, (via 'Packages') however, the MagicSpam user level comes with a much more protective spam settings by default. Hence, those users can have full protection against spam.

MagicSpam is an Extension or an Additional Service and can be added to a new or pre-existing package. The provisioning process is performed through MagicSpam admin panel under:

MagicSpam Admin Panel >> Packages

Sometimes our customers opt to disable global protection completely and give full control to their customers to employ their own MagicSpam settings within their cPanel interface.

There is a trade-off involved though, in exchange for providing more flexibility to your customers you do not reduce the overall amount of malicious inbound activity. In addition, the global rules can be used to block spam outright before it moves head and uses more resources on your server, which can potentially affect performance.

If you are interested in doing this, simply disable all Server Policies and IP Reputation lists within the WHM MagicSpam interface.

Please note that the rate limiters will still operate globally.

We hope this information helps,

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “MagicSpam Pro for WHM/cPanel”