Quarantine Option

Welcome to MagicSpam Pro for cPanel WHM! A better spam protection in an easy to use cPanel WHM Module. Visit here for support, frequently asked questions, wishlists and discussion groups on this great module to make life with cPanel WHM that much simpler.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

cpanel-antispam

Quarantine Option

Post by cpanel-antispam » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Where is MagicSpam, on the idea of having a Quarantine Option, to allow for the option to
RELEASE or VIEW an email that should be blocked?

it would be a great feature, which I do have experience with other AntiSpam solutions, and as we all know,
they each have their Pros and Cons.

I am currently using MagicSpam in Conjunction with Mail Scanner and of course, it works with Spam Assassin.

I am also using Outside Filtering services, however when spammers connect to the server, bypassing
MX entries, they don't help.

Having an option to store and recover blocked emails is a great asset.

Any development or thoughts on this?

Thank you!

magicspam

Re: Quarantine Option

Post by magicspam » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your post and for your question. Interestingly, our development team is currently looking into the possibility of using a quarantine setting with MagicSpam as this is a commonly requested feature. We don't have any word of an ETA yet, but we do now it is a current project.

Also, be careful with this:
I am also using Outside Filtering services, however when spammers connect to the server, bypassing
MX entries, they don't help.
As MagicSpam leverages IP reputation and SMTP best practices to determine if a message is spam or not, relaying all incoming mail through a 3rd party spam scanner will almost certainly hamstring the effectiveness of these rules. When you do this, all messages appear to come from the same IP addresses, which likely have good IP reputation and are configured to send mail following SMTP server best practices.

Thanks!
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

cpanel-antispam

Post by cpanel-antispam » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Thanks for the response, very glad to hear this.

As to your cautioning statement, it's understandable, However I am not relaying all.

The accounts which were the most under fire from spam were switched to outside services, and then the relaying servers, whitelisted.

So far so good, been using Magic for about 2 weeks now, with mail scanner, and SA....

I'm keeping an eye on the activity.

So far no complaints On false positives, although it's bound to happen.

You know, mail scanner has quarantine, and I think they have might have source code available...

Thanks again MagicSpam!

johanboshoff

Post by johanboshoff » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Any idea when quarantine option with a daily spam report could be a feature of MagicSpam? That will make MagicSpam the best AntiSpam plugin ever!

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:38 pm

Hello johanboshoff,

Thank you for your inquiry.

While this feature is on our roadmap, we do not yet have a time frame in which this feature will become available for MagicSpam.

For change logs and upcoming features, please check our News and Announcement page:

viewforum.php?f=17

or follow us on Twitter:

@magicspam

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “MagicSpam Pro for WHM/cPanel”