Too many SPAM messages not filtered

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

fredpett

Too many SPAM messages not filtered

Post by fredpett » Mon May 02, 2016 9:47 am

I run MagicSpam on my server, and have FAR too may spam messages passing through as HAM messages. All of the default filters are on, and Server Identification should be sane, Confirm Server Identification Resolves, and Valid FROM domain. I am receiving quite a few SPAM messages every day "from" my own e-mail address, which should not happen. In addition, I have the "Spam Fighter" spam filter on my own copy of Outlook, and am receiving 40 - 50 SPAM messages a day through MagicSpam that are caught by SPAMfighter.

MagicSpam does not appear to be working any better, and possibly not as well, as the default Cpanel SPAM filters. I certainly should not be getting mail from my own address, which should be a pretty simple filter. MagicSpam cannot be confirming the sending domain.

magicspam

Re: Too many SPAM messages not filtered

Post by magicspam » Mon May 02, 2016 10:10 am

Hello fredpett,

If you could provide us with some samples from your MagicSpam logs of these spam messages that were not caught, we can suggest some rules or lists that would block these kinds of messages in the future. You can simply copy/paste a few from your log search tool.

Thanks!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”