How to allow an IP to bypass Magicspam at SMTP?

Welcome to MagicSpam for cPanel WHM! A better spam protection in an easy to use cPanel WHM Module. Visit here for support, frequently asked questions, wishlists and discussion groups on this great new module to make life with cPanel WHM that much simpler.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

tarektoubia

How to allow an IP to bypass Magicspam at SMTP?

Post by tarektoubia » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:29 pm

Hello,

My ISP has provided me with a Real IP which unfortunately is listed on 4 RBLs and we are not able to release it. Also a client of mine, hosted on my server, has an IP from the same ISP which is also listed and has the same issue.

When we try to send email through MS Outlook, it takes more than 5 min to send the email even if the email is empty. Also this happens when setting up a new email and testing the configuration, sending test email takes a lot of time. When we use Hotspot or different ISP, we don't face any delays.

I have whitelisted the IP in all the sections in MagicSpam and in Exim configuration but the issue remained.

So my issue is at SMTP time, when my IP tries to connect to the server, it passes through all the filters and it takes time to detect that the IP is whitelisted.

Once I disable MagicSpam or I turn off RBLs and BMS and restart Exim , the sending takes 3 seconds.

Is there a way where I can set a condition in Exim.conf or in magicspam config where specific IP addresses can bypass Magicspam completely at SMTP time?

Thank you in advance for your support.

magicspam

Re: How to allow an IP to bypass Magicspam at SMTP?

Post by magicspam » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:38 pm

Hello Tarek,

As per our discussion over email, the reported issue was not caused by MagicSpam but rather a faulty DNS resolver. After updating to use a different DNS resolver, the issue was resolved. For anyone experiencing similar issues, it should never take more than a few seconds to perform a DNS lookup in a properly functioning server. As MagicSpam uses the DNS resolver on the system, you may notice the first sign of such an issue through slowness of our software. In this case, you will want to review your resolver configuration at:

Code: Select all

/etc/resolv.conf
Thank you.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “MagicSpam for cPanel WHM”