Upgrade Debain 9 to 11 with Plesk 18.0.44

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

Stephs182

Upgrade Debain 9 to 11 with Plesk 18.0.44

Post by Stephs182 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:35 am

Hello,

I will upgrade 2 Servers from Debian 9 to Debain 11.5 with Plesk 18.0.44 to Plesk 18.0.48.

On my servers is installed MagicSpam Standard (I Think without Pro).

I want to keep MagicSpam, but the server experts who want to upgrade say "MagicSpam does not run on Debian 11 and Plesk 18.0.48". What can I tell the guys to keep my MagicSpam after the upgrade?

On another server I already have Debian 11.5 with Plesk 18.0.48 and had to use an alternative to MagicSpam. I am not so enthusiastic and would want to go back after the expensive year (alternative). Can I just install it again, is there a tutorial?

magicspam

Re: Upgrade Debain 9 to 11 with Plesk 18.0.44

Post by magicspam » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:21 pm

Hello Stephs182,

MagicSpam is still actively supported on Plesk systems and receive regular updates -- MagicSpam PRO for Plesk 2.1-19.1 was a recent release which introduced a lot of great new features like Connection Policies, Subject Header Blacklist, and Attachment Extension Blacklist.

We highly recommend the PRO version over the LITE version as it receives more frequent updates as well as includes additional spam protection features like custom content filtering rules along with authentication protection features that helps to prevent compromised email accounts from being abused to send outbound spam and negatively affecting your server reputation.

Whether you choose the LITE or PRO version of MagicSpam for Plesk, both of the are supported on Debian 11 (bullseye) and available from our MagicSpam Webstore. After purchasing a license, simply follow the instructions to download and installed MagicSpam on your Plesk server.

If you ever run into any issues, feel free to contact us for further assistance.

Thank you.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

EliasKeller

Re: Upgrade Debain 9 to 11 with Plesk 18.0.44

Post by EliasKeller » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:39 pm

To address your concerns and attempt to keep MagicSpam after the upgrade, you can try the following steps:

Contact the MagicSpam support team: Reach out to the MagicSpam support team directly and inquire about the compatibility of MagicSpam with Debian 11 and Plesk 18.0.48. They will have the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding their software's compatibility.

Verify the MagicSpam version: Check which version of MagicSpam you currently have installed. If it is an outdated version, upgrading to the latest version might resolve any compatibility issues.

Consult with server experts: Discuss the compatibility concerns with the server experts who will be performing the upgrade. Request more specific information about the compatibility issues they have encountered and ask if there are any workarounds or alternative solutions available.

Test the upgrade in a staging environment: If possible, set up a staging environment that replicates your server configuration and perform a test upgrade to Debian 11 and Plesk 18.0.48. Install MagicSpam in the staging environment and assess if it functions properly. This will help you verify the compatibility firsthand and mitigate any risks.
If you want to find a car business simulator game, you can refer to the game Car For Sale Simulator 2023 APK at https://getmodnow.com/car-for-sale-simulator-2023.html website with safety and free.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”