Plesk Migration

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

j*z

Plesk Migration

Post by j*z » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:36 am

I've seen a few threads on the topic of migration, but they're all rather old.

Do I need to re-install MagicSpam on Plesk or does it come over as part of the Plesk migration?

If I do need to reinstall it, is it the most efficient to get a new license and cancel the old one? If I want to get a new license how much lead time will I need when making that purchase?

I've read I can move the MagicSpam folder prior to installing MagicSpam and in that way keep all my settings and I assume blacklist, whitelist etc. This directory is: /etc/magicspam

Anything else to be concerned about during the migration of MagicSpam?

magicspam

Re: Plesk Migration

Post by magicspam » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:30 am

Hello j*z,

Thank you for your post.

To properly migrate your MagicSpam to the new server, first download and install to the new server the latest MagicSpam package for your system from our download site:

https://www.magicspam.com/download/

Once installed, please use the migration tool from:

Anti-Spam / System / ' Spam Settings - Backup/Migration Tool'

to migrate existing MagicSpam settings to the new server.

Lastly, please contact our support team at support@magicspam.com with your existing MagicSpam license and we will reset the anti-abuse lock on your license so you can register it in your new server.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”