Errors since update

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

pheck

Errors since update

Post by pheck » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Produkt: Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #56,
Magic Spam Version:2.1-11.2

Since update of Magic Spam to 2.1-11-1, I receive the following E-Mail each 6 hours (IP's anonymised):

Code: Select all

MagicSpam has not detected any of your server IP address on the BMS lists:

85.214.XX.XXX : NONE
    2a01:238:43fc:dc00:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX : NONE
                ::2 : NONE

Thank you!
--
Autogenerated by MagicSpam System
Along with this, I see the following entries in syslog (server name anonymised):

Code: Select all

Jun 21 05:47:57 XXXXXXXX magicspam-update[28617]: ../blockmaps/lookup.c:130 ERROR lookupMaps(): Invalid argument : invalid ip address
Jun 21 05:47:57 XXXXXXXX magicspam-update[28617]: ../blockmaps/lookup.c:130 ERROR lookupMaps(): Invalid argument : invalid ip address
First one (Mail) looks like a new feature of MagicSpam, checking my mailserver against some BMS lists, but what worries me is the syslog entry, indicating that something is wrong in the lookup. So the mail send to me with the statement, that my server ip is not listed in any BMS list might be might be false positive as the check is not working...

Any idea?

Cheers Peter

magicspam

Re: Errors since update

Post by magicspam » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:18 pm

Hello pheck,

Thank you for your post.

The log entries you have provided are entries that are checking IPv6 which will be removed in the next revision.

Also, please note that our development team is aware of the current issue with the email frequency of our new "Server IP on BMS list daily report" feature and is working on its enhancement. We expect the update to be available in the next #MagicSpam release, sometime next week.

We hope this answers your questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

pheck

Re: Errors since update

Post by pheck » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:58 am

Perfect - thanks!

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”