Trialling MagicSpam and it is not looking good!

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

twistedpixel

Trialling MagicSpam and it is not looking good!

Post by twistedpixel » Tue May 23, 2017 9:26 am

Hi,

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but I've installed the free version on Plesk (running Qmail) to see how it goes as I'm interested in a license for the standard or pro version (undecided).

However, when I turned it on with the default settings, it catches hardly any spam and falsely flags legitimate mail as spam. Seems I'd have to go through thousands of IP addresses, manually blocking/unblocking them daily. I was hoping for a more hands-off approach!

So far I'm not impressed but happy to have my opinion changed if it just requires some tweaking!

Cheers,

Scott

magicspam

Re: Trialling MagicSpam and it is not looking good!

Post by magicspam » Wed May 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your post and your interest in MagicSpam.

Out of the box MagicSpam should reject most of the spam messages on your system and there should be no reason to manually block IP or email addresses.

If you are experiencing increased amount of uncaught spam on your system with MagicSpam enabled, it would be very helpful if you could send us the MagicSpam logs for examination to better assist you with the uncaught spam issue on your system. To retrieve MagicSpam logs, you can use the MagicSpam Interface and access the "Logs" tab.

In the log search result output, you have the option to export/save the log search results to a CSV file. Please Email the CSV file as an attachment to us at:

support@magicspam.com

Please also make sure that you remove entries where mua=yes and highlight only HAM entries that are spam.

Also, can you please send us screenshots of the following two tabs in your MagicSpam control panel:

* Settings / Server Policies
* Settings / IP Reputation

This additional information will help us better understand the nature of the uncaught spam you are receiving, and will assist us in making suggestions for how to improve your filtering.

If you are seeing that MagicSpam is blocking any valid emails, please send us the logs for examination as well as the example of the message for further analysis.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”