license update issue

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

andi

license update issue

Post by andi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:55 am

hello,

i face on several plesk for linux nodes, where magicSpam is installed, that the license-key (purchased at parallel's KA) can not be updated automatically: magicSpam license will expire and scanning will be stoped without any alerts. retreiving new licenses manually in plesk's 'license management' does resolve the issue temporary.

is it possible, that magicSpam will check this issue in cooperation with parallels.com have i to contact it's support directly?

regards,
andi

magicspam

Re: license update issue

Post by magicspam » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks Andi,

We have forwarded this issue to our license integration team for review and hopeful resolution.

Have you tried contacting Parallels about this issue at all? Is there an open ticket we should reference?

andi

Post by andi » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 pm

no,
i did not open a ticket at parallels.com, yet. but if you think, that this would be helpful, i can anytime - just let me know.

regards,
andi

andi

Post by andi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:08 am

hi,

right now, i faced the issue once again and i had to renew the licence (plesk's magicSapm add. license) manually within plesk's interface. before, license expiration has been shown and magicSpam did stop to checking mails.

i opened ticket RT #1100566 at parallels.com and i am waiting for reply.

regards,
andi

andi

Post by andi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:46 am

hi,

this month, i had on several plesk nodes the same license renewal issue for magicSpam again. for days magicSpam checks have not been performed, because nobody did recognize, that license has expired.

is there a way, anything like a command, i can run as a crontab, which will chekck, if magicSpam protection is enabled, actually?

or: if i will purchase the licenses directly form magicspam (current licenses i have taken at parallels.com), do you think this issue won't happen anymore?

thank you,
andi

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:13 am

Hello Andi,

That is rather distressing.

If possible could you forward us your relevant information (Plesk license key, version of plesk, operating system) to support[at]magicspam.com and we can see what we can do to address with the Parallels team?

paulie

Post by paulie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:52 am

Hi,

We are experiencing the exact same issue as Andi, albeit more intermittently.

I was curious if a resolution was ever found?

Paul.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:53 am

Hello Paulie,

Our license integration team has reviewed the issue and determined it to be related to the Plesk license activation specifically. As such, a ticket must be filed with the Parallels team.

Just to confirm... Is the issue you're experiencing related to a License Key purchased through MagicSpam or through Parallels Plesk?

Let us know and we'll do our best to assist!

Thanks,
MagicSpam Support Team

paulie

Post by paulie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:29 am

Hi,

Its through Parallels themselves, so I'll raise the issue with them directly (pray for me), thank you for the swift reply,

Paul.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”