Issue - 500 TypeError in MagicSpam for Plesk 2.0.18-1 Free Edition by accessing Logfiles on Debian 10.13

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

tessa67

Issue - 500 TypeError in MagicSpam for Plesk 2.0.18-1 Free Edition by accessing Logfiles on Debian 10.13

Post by tessa67 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:06 pm

Hello dear MagicSpam Community!

1. When starting the log files I get the following 500 TypeError

Type: TypeError
Message: sizeof(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, string given
File: lib.logsearch.php
Line: 1531

2. When I try to disable MagicSpam, I get the following 500 Error

Type: Error
File: lib.spamassassinmanagerutility.php
Line: 66

What do I need to do to fix the errors?

Plesk version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.50 Update #1
OS version: Debian 10.13
MagicSpam version: 2.0.18-1 Free Edition

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I've fixed errors myself.
See: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/500-type ... 13.368339/

Regards Tessa

magicspam

Re: Issue - 500 TypeError in MagicSpam for Plesk 2.0.18-1 Free Edition by accessing Logfiles on Debian 10.13

Post by magicspam » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:31 pm

Hello Tessa,

Glad to hear that you managed to resolve the reported issue on your own.

However, we noticed that you are using an older version (2.0.18-1) of MagicSpam LITE for Plesk. If you are a paid customer, then we recommend to upgrade to the latest version (2.0.24-2) to ensure that you have the newest updates and fixes. In order to upgrade, follow the instructions from this forum post.

Otherwise, you may also want to consider upgrading to the PRO version which comes with additional spam protection features like custom content filtering rules along with authentication protection features that helps to prevent compromised email accounts from being abused to send outbound spam and negatively affecting your server reputation.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”