Mail that is not spam is stopped by filter

There will always be opinions, both good and bad on how MagicSpam protection, rules and policies are used, and what the defaults should be. Different environments may have different needs. We try to find the perfect balance, and that is not always easy. Just remember that we have to satisfy millions of users.. not just one person.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

bjornen

Mail that is not spam is stopped by filter

Post by bjornen » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:52 am

Hi,

I have a new installation of MagicSpam which I use with MailEnable Std latest version on a Windows 2008 Server Web Edt. I have many problems and not sure wether it is MailEnable or MagicSpam creating them, but I guess it is a combination of both.

Here is one error message I see in the spam report for a mail that should go through:

2010-06-01 15:22:23 magicspam-mailenable[3928]: HAM: mua=0,ip=[74.125.83.174:(null)],helo=<mail-pv0-f174.google.com>,from=<bjorn@mydomain.biz>,rcpt=<admin@customerdomain.as>

mydomain.biz is in Google Apps, but domain is on my server and customerdomain.as is in the above mentioned server.

Hope someone have a suggestion on how to avoid this problem.

Regards
Bjornen

magicspam

Re: Mail that is not spam is stopped by filter

Post by magicspam » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:34 pm

That message *is* going through. It was marked as "HAM" which means that it will be allowed to pass through MagicSpam. Any form of content filtering that you have behind MagicSpam would be the likely culprit if that message wasn't allowed through. Had the "HAM" portion been replaced with "SPAM" then the message would have been blocked by MagicSpam.

If I recall correctly, MailEnable has its own filters built in. It's possible that those are responsible for that message not being delivered.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “Discussions on Spam Protection Policies and Default Rules”