Innocent MTA blacklisted / false positive

There will always be opinions, both good and bad on how MagicSpam protection, rules and policies are used, and what the defaults should be. Different environments may have different needs. We try to find the perfect balance, and that is not always easy. Just remember that we have to satisfy millions of users.. not just one person.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

colo

Innocent MTA blacklisted / false positive

Post by colo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Dear MagicSpam team,

one of my clients reported his mail bouncing when trying to contact a business partner of his. The rejection message reads "You have been blacklisted. See http://spamauditor.org/best-practices/e ... our-users/ for more information. Protection provided by MagicSpam 2.0.18-1 http://www.magicspam.com"

I read the linked document top to bottom, but couldn't make out a hint at the specific reason why the RCPT MTA is refusing to deliver in this case, which is why I chose to ask in here.

The sending MTA is mail.folientechnik-krammer.at - it's not on any blackllist that I am aware of (its /24 is listed in ZapBL, but there's nothing we can do about that), the PTR record should be in order, and DKIM is being performed with valid keys and sigs. Please tell me how to get us off your blacklist, so that my client's legitimate and very low-volume mail can reach recipients using MagicSpam protection.

Thanks very much for your time and efforts.

magicspam

Re: Innocent MTA blacklisted / false positive

Post by magicspam » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:29 pm

Hello Colo,

Thank you for your post.

Based on the provided information (and the information in the provided URL), it is most likely that the sender's email address or a domain have been blacklisted in:

* Settings (Anti-Spam) / Exemptions / 'Sender From Black List'

section in your MagicSpam admin interface panel. Please note that if you have one of our PRO versions, your customers can blacklist the sender as well in their own MagicSpam user interface panel.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

colo

Re: Innocent MTA blacklisted / false positive

Post by colo » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:35 pm

Thank you for your reply, I will ty to contact their postmaster and see what I can get done about it.

Return to “Discussions on Spam Protection Policies and Default Rules”