Notes from initial look at Tuxedo

For all Tuxedo Support questions.

Moderators: wizard, admin

azander

Notes from initial look at Tuxedo

Post by azander » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:57 am

Greetings,
I and several others here have looked at the tuxedo product and like it for the most part.

The biggest issue we see right away is having to scroll right to log out. Many people do not have screens wider than 640 pixels and even those that do tend to like narrow windows. Our first suggestion is to move logout to the file menu and put it on the left side of the screen somewhere.

The second item is the date format. That should be configurable by the end user and should probably default to mm/dd/yyyy (since most Americans think the world revolves around them :P )

The last from our initial looksee is that the columns do not have enough whitespace between them. The subject tends to run into the sender address and you can't tell were one ends and the other begins, especially in the narrow windows.

Azander

wizard

Re: Notes from initial look at Tuxedo

Post by wizard » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Thanks for your input!

We have forwarded your requests to our development team for further review and addition to our ticketing system. We will be sure to do some further testing with smaller browser windows to ensure we cater to everyone!

Be sure to let us know if you notice any other enhancements you think would be nice.

azander

Post by azander » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:42 pm

The attachment handling may need some work. I received an email with a winmail.dat file that _wasn't_ a true winmaul.dat file. I am unsure, so far, if it was on the senders end or not. When I open the attachment in kmail on linus, or mac-mail on Leopard it opens the attachment as if it was an email with attahcments (which it really was) and allowed me to open them. The tuxedo interface wouldn't even attempt to open it.

az

wizard

Post by wizard » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks again for your input. We have created a development ticket to investigate this issue further. I'd imagine that the roundcube team has already put some thought into the winmail.dat attachments as they are quite popular among Outlook users.

Be sure to let us know if you notice anything else that could use improvements!

Return to “Tuxedo Support”