Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

For all Tuxedo Support questions.

Moderators: wizard, admin

wizard

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Post by wizard » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Below is a list of frequently asked questions. We will be constantly updating this post as more people have questions.

I don't see my operating system listed in the "Supported Operating Systems" list, what do I do?
We have a tarball package available for installation as well, however we realize that this is not ideal for some users. Feel free to post on our Tuxedo forums and let us know what operating system you are using and we will see if we can put a package together for you.

I've downloaded and install the package for my operating system. Now what?
During the installation process, you should have been informed of a URL which you need to visit in order to configure your Tuxedo installation. This is most likely something like:
You should be asked for a username and password. You will have to review the information given to you after the installation process for the credentials.

I'm at the login for tuxedo-installer, but I don't have the password. What can I do?
The installer normally generates a random password for login to the installer page. However, if you need to reset this password, you can log in to your server as 'root' and run the command:
  • /usr/share/tuxedo/bin/gen_shadow /usr/share
which will generate a fresh random password. If you installed tuxedo using the tarball installer, the path may be different - something like:
  • /usr/local/tuxedo/bin/gen_shadow /usr/local
The installer says that some software is "NOT OK", what do I do?
You will have to review the software which is required and install them on your server, then re-run the installer.

The installer says that some software is "NOT AVAILABLE", what do I do?
These pieces of software are not required for Tuxedo to run properly. If you would like, you can install the software on your server, then re-run the Tuxedo installer. This will activate certain features with your installation.

After I've installed the product, how do I adjust the settings that were asked during installation?
Currently, you'll need to edit the main.inc.php file. If you need assistance with these options, please use the Tuxedo forums.

I have other questions about the installation process. Who can I ask?
Feel free to post your question(s) on our Tuxedo forums. That is what they are for. Our Tuxedo support team will try to answer your questions as quickly and efficiently as possible.

When I login, I get an "Authentication Failed" message at the top. What does that mean?
This message means that the supplied username and/or password did not match with what is on the server. Check that you typed your credentials correctly, and try again.

Can I put my data files on an NFS partition?
No. The current version of Tuxedo is not NFS safe. We are planning to make this possible at some point in the future. If you are interested in this feature, add a comment to the feature request section of the forum.

Can I share my address book with another webmail product?
Not at this time. The format the address books, preference and identity data is stored in is specific to Tuxedo and is not directly compatible with other programs.

Return to “Tuxedo Support”