SPAM[block_list (41)] - Not enabled.

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

thrustnet

SPAM[block_list (41)] - Not enabled.

Post by thrustnet » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:30 pm

I am having a odd issue, I posted on Twitter too but just having a LOT of customers not getting newsletters, and too me I'm getting blocked since I use Mandrill to email from my WHMCS billing, customers aren't getting email support replies or invoices at this point on the test server I'm trying out MagicSpam on, it's one of my heavy spam hit shared hosting boxes, so far it's done a LOT to block TONS of stuff, however this list 41 isn't helping!

http://cloud.thrustnet.com/image/380f0R3x1h1m

That's the settings and 41 isn't enabled, so unsure why its flagging mail as spam:

http://cloud.thrustnet.com/image/1C1C1s2R2v2p

Am I just looking for the wrong list? Help!

magicspam

Re: SPAM[block_list (41)] - Not enabled.

Post by magicspam » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Hello thrustnet,

Thank you for your message and the screenshots!

When using MagicSpam Pro the IP Reputation block will be enabled in two places.

On the global settings under.

WHM admin-interface / MagicSpam / Settings / IP Reputation

And per user settings under.

cPanel user-interface / MagicSpam Protection / IP Reputation

Please make sure "MIPSpace-Poor" is disable on both places.

Hope this helps!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

thrustnet

Post by thrustnet » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:56 pm

magicspam wrote:Hello thrustnet,

Thank you for your message and the screenshots!

When using MagicSpam Pro the IP Reputation block will be enabled in two places.

On the global settings under.

WHM admin-interface / MagicSpam / Settings / IP Reputation

And per user settings under.

cPanel user-interface / MagicSpam Protection / IP Reputation

Please make sure "MIPSpace-Poor" is disable on both places.

Hope this helps!

Ah so I am guessing when a user account is created settings wise it starts with all the "RECOMMENDED" settings enabled? I really like the amount of spam that gets blocked, just a few things hiccuping with false positives, but hopefully we can nail it down - I'll give the user settings a shot and see if that helps the customer overcome the issues they are having!

If this works out I'm betting I'll fire up a few other servers in the fleet! May even talk to you guys about reseller options as I do manage servers for folks and this would be a welcome addition to most of their servers!

thrustnet

Post by thrustnet » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:44 pm

Sure enough! Is there any way to adjust user defaults? That is a tad aggressive and is blocking mail providers like Mandrill and Constant Contact - known providers for newsletters & application based email - if it's not a feature that I'm overlooking, I'd love to see that functionality added to cPanel if possible.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:08 pm

Hello Thrustnet,

We are glad you were able to find out why the messages were being rejected.

Unfortunately at this time changing the user default rules is not supported. However, we have submitted this request to our development team for further review and inclusion in a future release.

MagicSpam is currently designed to give your customers the flexibility on the amount of protection they want to receive. You might want to send out a notification email to your customers about the new anti-spam function you have added to your server and provide them the instructions on how they can configure the anti-spam function for their domains.

Hope this helps!

thrustnet

Post by thrustnet » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:46 pm

Yeah working up some help docs too as I learn, some are bummed out about missing a spambox to recover the rejected email, but I'd rather there be no spam than 1GB per account of saved up spam which no one touches! Oi!

Thanks again for the help! Much appreciated!

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Hello Thrustnet,

You are welcome!

Our developers are working on a feature that will tag spam messages for quarantine. However there is no ETA on when this will be available.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”