Please help me improve spam detection

Welcome to MagicSpam Pro for cPanel WHM! A better spam protection in an easy to use cPanel WHM Module. Visit here for support, frequently asked questions, wishlists and discussion groups on this great module to make life with cPanel WHM that much simpler.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

rufus

Please help me improve spam detection

Post by rufus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi guys,
As a relatively new user I have to say I am somewhat disappointed with the performance of Magicspam so far. Compared to my old setup (Spamassassin + Mailscanner), Magicspam is allowing way too much spam through.

I have all recommended server policy rules.

What can I do to improve spam detection, with minimal risk of blocking genuine mail?

magicspam

Re: Please help me improve spam detection

Post by magicspam » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello rufus,

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear that MagicSpam did not give the expected results on your system.

We have replied to your previous post on how to improve MagicSpam's accuracy here:

http://forums.wizard.ca/viewtopic.php?f ... es#p316554

If you follow the instructions provided in the link above, we might be able to suggest further ways to improve your MagicSpam's accuracy.

Also, please note that MagicSpam works very well in combination with a filter such as SpamAssassin and you are more than welcome to incorporate it with your MagicSpam to block any messages that get trough MagicSpam.

In fact, many MagicSpam users do enable SpamAssassin or other content filtering products to provide anti-spam protection through content-filtering while MagicSpam provides Best-Practices and IP reputation based anti-spam protection.

We hope this information helps.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “MagicSpam Pro for WHM/cPanel”