Situation with rpost.net 'registered/secured' inbound

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

cpanel-antispam

Situation with rpost.net 'registered/secured' inbound

Post by cpanel-antispam » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:19 pm

hello Magic Spam,

First off, as always, thank you, the service has been great for a couple years now.

Are you familiar with rpost.com and their email domain rpost.net ?

They are a form of 'email sending service' for the purpose of contracts, and secure/verifiable email transactions, e-sign,
etc..etc..

in the case of email, to my domains, I am also using an external email filtering/security service, known as PROOFPOINT,
you may be familiar with them.

My MX records point to them, and they process and deliver the email to my server.

There is a cable-tv/internet provider, in our areas known as Cox Communications (cox.com), and they send their
contracts and e-sign type documents using this rpost.com/rpost.net service on behalf of cox.com

What is happening in the case, of rpost.net email, from cox, is being sent to proofpoint,
and proofpoint is passing the email through (it is whitelisted, not blocked) and it is being
delivered TO my server, however once proofpoint connects to my server, what profpoint
experiences is a 'lost connection' but ONLY when it is delivering the rpost.net email on
behalf of cox.

Through the GUI interface of MagicSpam, you can see the references to
RPOST.NET email being delivered, and it coming from proofpoint, but the email is NOT
past on to Exim, and it is also not being rejected or filtered further on my server.

there is NOTHING in exim logs regarding the rpost.net/cox.com emails, and if it wasn't
for MagicSpam logging it in the first place, I wouldn't even know it was being delivered
to my server, and I would think it's going into never-neverland.

How do I diagnose this further? :?:

Thank you! :D

magicspam

Re: Situation with rpost.net 'registered/secured' inbound

Post by magicspam » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:51 pm

Hello cpanel-antispam,

Thank you for your post.

To be able to assist you better with this issue, would you be able to send us MagicSpam logs for the email transactions from rpost.net.

To retrieve MagicSpam logs, you can use the MagicSpam interface and access the "Logs" tab.

In the log search result output, you have the option to export/save the log search results to a CSV file. Once you have the CSV file, you can email that as an attachment to us for examination using your email client to:

support@magicspam.com

Please make sure that you remove entries not related to this issue.

Also, if you are able to send us CSV logs, please provide us some additional information about your patform:

- Operating System and Version

- Operating System Architecture (32 bit or 64 bit)

- Plesk, cPanel, MailEnable or Zimbra

- MTA (Qmail, Postfix, Exim)

- MagicSpam License

Thank you,
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

cpanel-antispam

Re: Situation with rpost.net 'registered/secured' inbound

Post by cpanel-antispam » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Email has been sent just a few minutes ago.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”