My Exim Port 27 won't start after MS install

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

dciwebworks

My Exim Port 27 won't start after MS install

Post by dciwebworks » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:03 pm

I've installed MagicSpam WHM in Unix and am using the default settings.

I note that Port 27, which is a custom Exim port for SMTP is not working and won't restart.

Is Magic Spam doing anything here?
Brian Clancy
DCIWebworks
Denver, CO

magicspam

Re: My Exim Port 27 won't start after MS install

Post by magicspam » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello Brian,

We talked to our development team and they informed us that such a customization should not effect the operation of MagicSpam as MagicSpam does not rely on the port number. Similarly, MagicSpam shouldn't have caused Exim an issue with this.

We also performed a successful test on a cPanel server with MagicSam where Exim was configured to listen on port 25, 27 and 465. We aren't sure of how your server is setup, but we customized the daemon_smtp_ports configuration item in /etc/exim.conf in order to facilitate this change.

We hope that you are able to find the root cause of the issue soon, and please let us know if you have any questions!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

dciwebworks

Re: My Exim Port 27 won't start after MS install

Post by dciwebworks » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:44 pm

You are correct. We had made some other tweaks to Exim Server at the same time, and located the false alarm there.
Brian Clancy
DCIWebworks
Denver, CO

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”