Apache Service Error on OS startup

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

scottri

Apache Service Error on OS startup

Post by scottri » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:11 pm

I upgraded from 1.x to 2.x (yes, I am behind the times) and now when I restart my Windows Server 2003 system, a prompt occurs saying a service error occurred and looking in the Application Events log, the below error is listed. Any ideas on how to determine what is causing this error and its OS prompt?

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> [Fri Jan 01 02:17:02 2016] [warn] (OS 2)The system cannot find the file specified. :
No installed ConfigArgs for the service "MagicSpam Interface Daemon", using Apache defaults. .

Looking in my c:\magicspam\config directory it only has a magicspam.license.bak file and no others. I am not sure if some file is missing.

This OS prompt appears to interfere with the ability for all services to come up automatically. Any help would be appreciated.

magicspam

Re: Apache Service Error on OS startup

Post by magicspam » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your post.

It does indeed appear as if several important files are missing from your MagicSpam installation.

We recommend a complete uninstall / reinstall of MagicSpam for MailEnable at this point.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue or if you have any questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”