Mark Reverse DNS as spam but let through

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

johnd34uk

Mark Reverse DNS as spam but let through

Post by johnd34uk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:38 am

I am getting quite a lots of false positives because too many small business are not setting up their reverse DNS properly.

I really do not want to turn off this feature because it has good value for catching bots.

Is there a way I change change the rules so this is allowed through but flagged as possible spam?

John Drinkwater
JD Projects

magicspam

Re: Mark Reverse DNS as spam but let through

Post by magicspam » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your question and our apologies for the delayed reply! Due to the way that MagicSpam was designed, this is not currently possible. However, we do see how this could be a useful feature, so we have created a feature request ticket and submitted it to our development team for review.

In case you are not aware, there is a work around to trick your server into thinking that a remote server has a properly configured rDNS record. Simply add a line into your C:\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file with a proper PTR record for the sending IP address. For example:

Code: Select all

192.168.0.11    mail.remotedomain.com
For more information regarding this file - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_%28file%29

Thanks!

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”