Spam Codes

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

Gator767

Spam Codes

Post by Gator767 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:56 am

Hi, well finally im testing magicspam, and i can say.. this spam filter is amazing!, in 24 hrs filtered 16,324 spam emails..(including some valid mails but others lazy mail admins are guilty because they dont practice the best practice policies.)

i would like to know something.. on mail log appears the following

SPAM[block_lists:13,36,6] some times only SPAM[block_lists:6), etc..

do you havea list to see wich is each code) i suppose those are the triggers to be marked as spam.. but would be great to have the list to explain my customers.. your email was rejected because ... etc, etc.

regards.

Gabriel.

magicspam

Re: Spam Codes

Post by magicspam » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:29 pm

Hola! Great to hear.. we love the compliments. Feel free to post them to the Kudos section :)

Just so you know, this SHOULD be on the FAQ items, so thanks for the question.

MagicSpam uses the BMS (Blacklist Mastering System) and you can lookup the list number and IP's at:

http://www.linuxmagic.com/products/bms/lookup
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

magicspam

Re: Spam Codes

Post by magicspam » Mon May 04, 2009 4:36 pm

One other thing that might be of interest Gabriel,

In your MagicSpam control panel interface, on the "Block Lists" tab, each list is named with a label underneath stating the list number. This might also help for quick reference. Note that the lists each have a little '?' link beside them that will take you straight to the list maintainer site for added usability.

Hope this information helps!
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”