The value of MagicSpam

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

PSi

The value of MagicSpam

Post by PSi » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi,

I've been using MagicSpam for about a month now and love it. But lately i've been going through the Postfix docs and started wondering if Postfix can actually do everything MagicSpam does, albeit with a bit more configuration and using it's DNSBL support.
Can someone help me understand the value of MagicSpam and if it actually does stuff that Postfix itself can't?
Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to devalue MagicSpam here, i'm merely trying to understand what it adds to a Plesk + Postfix + tweaked installation.
Thanks!

magicspam

Re: The value of MagicSpam

Post by magicspam » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:55 pm

PostFix and most other systems 'can' be configured/modified to perform some of the actions that MagicSpam performs. However, most platforms are *not* configured that way out of the box. Aside from the MagicSpam 'special' features that maybe you cannot do, even for the items you can do with Postfix or other MTA's, MagicSpam takes all the guess work out of it and requires no advanced knowledge of the MTA.

Your time is worth money as well, and to have every thing configured with one click of the button, and following the recommendations of a company with years of experience in the email and spam space, ensures that modifying your MTA won't cause you to shoot yourself in the foot, or break it.

As well, MagicSpam comes with all the GUI tools to monitor, track, and log your activity simply and easily. It's integrated BMS system allows for safer usage of DNSBL's in a method designed for maximum of performance and responsiveness without the need for yet another DNS lookup. And of course the MagicSpam subscription also gives you access to lists and pattern databases that are not normally available to the general public.

-- We hope this information helps! --
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”