Mail rejected from specific rule

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

dwdietz

Mail rejected from specific rule

Post by dwdietz » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am

Here is the rule that a test mail i have sent is blocked by

Block Mail Servers on Dynamic/Dial-up Addresses
(Rule name: check_dynamic_reverse_dns) Enabled

hoever the bounce message states this

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

me@nowherefake.com on 9/10/2010 12:00 AM
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
< mailserver@fakemeout.com #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable>

Why doesn't the bounce message state that reverse DNS doesn't match so the administrator could correct it instead of misleading that the mailbox doesn't exist because it does. If I disable that rule , the message ends up in my mailstore just fine.

wizard

Re: Mail rejected from specific rule

Post by wizard » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi Dwdietz,

It's possible that you are getting a bounce message generated by the sending server, not the receiving one.

A receiving MagicMail server should give the following message when check_dynamic_reverse_dns is triggered:

Dynamic Style reverse DNS IP=[x.x.x.x] http://www.linuxmagic.com/best_practice ... e_dns.html

Do you have access to the sending mail server? If so you could log in and send email via telnet and check the responses line by line.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”