MagicSpam for Plesk Windows 9.3 install

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

dwdietz

MagicSpam for Plesk Windows 9.3 install

Post by dwdietz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:53 am

Looing at the user guide, it says to click on "Modules" on the left side. my verion 9.3 for windows does not have a modules link on the left side? How do I get magigSpam installed

magicspam

Re: MagicSpam for Plesk Windows 9.3 install

Post by magicspam » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Please verify that you are logged in as the administrative user (typically "admin"). If you are not, you may not have sufficient privileges on the server to install modules, which may be why you are not seeing the Modules link.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

dwdietz

Post by dwdietz » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 pm

Confirmed that I am logged in as the admin user

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:01 am

We apologize. Plesk for Windows does not have a Modules section. You will need to run the .exe file manually. We will be updating our documentation to cover this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

dwdietz

Post by dwdietz » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:32 am

So MagicSpam can not be managed through Plesk? I have installed it, it is running but there is no management through plesk. You have to use the Admin tool located in the start menu, which is inconvenient to manage from remote location to say the least.

Thanks for the response

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:58 pm

Unfortunately no, MagicSpam for Plesk (on *Windows*) cannot be managed via the Plesk interface. Plesk has not provided a means to do this, which is why that functionality is not there. Our versions for Linux are capable of doing exactly what you're looking for, and they can be installed via the modules page.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”