MIPSpace Lite

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

bcw

MIPSpace Lite

Post by bcw » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 pm

Is there any way to tune the MIPSpace list so that it does not include the likes of Constant Contact, Responsys, and other widely used newsletter services? If not, is there a way to view a list of the servers on the list?

With the list enabled, too many user requested emails are blocked and with the list disabled, piles of UBE comes through. While it is possible that UBE is generated from the "first tier" mailing services, it appears from my logs that this is not a major problem. The issue is the "second/third tier" mailers that are less stringent in monitoring their users. With the list disabled, I can only black list the UBE IPs as they arrive and to date, I have checked each against MIPSpace and found that they are listed. It is frustrating to know that the information is available and not be able to put it to use.

magicspam

Re: MIPSpace Lite

Post by magicspam » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:04 pm

Unfortunately, we do not currently offer custom versions of the MIPSpace list (or any list, for that matter). The problem with Constant Contact and others like them, is that their services are often abused, resulting in a great deal of UBE.

What you *can* do, however, is whitelist the IP addresses of those servers you wish to receive mail from. This should allow you to receive from them, while still enjoying the protection MIPSpace offers from the other UBE.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”