no stats on cpanel version

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

MACscr

no stats on cpanel version

Post by MACscr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:46 am

No idea why there isnt a forum for the cpanel version, but anyway. I installed magicspam about 12 hours ago on one of my cpanel servers, left mostly everything on default, and enabled it. Seems to be working, but zero statistics are showing up. I am also getting a few emails in my queue for bounces from emails that we rejected and sent a reject notice to. Their servers are basically either responding that they arent available or dont accept spam. Isnt this the backscatter were talking about that isnt supposed to be created?

Also, are these forums the official and only form of support for paid customers?

magicspam

Re: no stats on cpanel version

Post by magicspam » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:46 am

Thank you for contacting us.

We will take your suggestion for a CPanel section into consideration.

So that we can get an idea of the setup you're running to help diagnose the issue, please provide the following information:
1) Operating System and version
2) CPanel version
3) Your mailer program and its version (e.g: qmail, postfix, etc)
4) Which version of MagicSpam you're running

As for the bounces you've been receiving, would you be willing to provide a few samples? With those we can investigate and determine the cause.

The forums are our primary communication method with our customers, yes. Email support is reserved for billing and licensing issues.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

MACscr

Post by MACscr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 am

1) Operating System and version
CENTOS 5.3 x86_64
2) CPanel version
cPanel 11.25.0-R46156 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9
3) Your mailer program and its version (e.g: qmail, postfix, etc)
Exim
4) Which version of MagicSpam you're running
magicspam-cpanel-1.0.4-4.2-rhel564-cpnl11.x86_64.rpm

To give a little extra info. I did have mailscanner/spamassassin setup, but it was automatically disabled when i installed magicspam. I went ahead and turned off the service as well. Obviously sent test emails and its working fine. That does bring my to another question though, my anti virus was done through a combination of mailscanner and clamav. Since mailscanner is disabled, am i correct to assume that I have no anti virus? Im pretty sure your product doesnt do it.

Also, my settings are at default, which im assuming is what you recommend and unfortunately I am getting a little bit more spam that I had in the past. Any recommendations? Most of the settings I saw would only increase the chances of false positives.

As far as the queue, I am not sure if those were isolated incidents, but i had deleted them and I havent anything since that seemed to come from magicspam.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Thank you for providing the additional information. I will pass it along to the developers so they can investigate a similar setup and determine why the statistics are not working for you.

You are correct about MagicSpam not doing anti-virus scans. We provide a set of block lists and SMTP policies that help to greatly reduce the amount of spam coming into a server, without the added overhead of content filtering.

What type of spam are you still receiving? Would you be able to post a few samples (including the full headers) so that we may investigate and see what can be done to remedy the situation?

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Our developers have isolated the issue you've been experiencing and should be in touch with more information next week.

Have a great weekend!

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”