Error message in maillog: mail magicspam[3100

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

nexus

Error message in maillog: mail magicspam[3100

Post by nexus » Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 am

Hi,

I have just installed the MagicSpam module and it seems to be running, however on inspecting the maillog file I see the following line crop up a few times:

May 19 18:19:09 mail magicspam[31005]: [/var/cache/bms/incoming/23.bz2]: current bz file is corrupt. Removed.

What is it and how can I fix it?

magicspam

Re: Error message in maillog: mail magicspam[3100

Post by magicspam » Wed May 19, 2010 9:49 am

That message just means that the integrity check of the file failed. The most likely cause is an unstable network connection. As for a resolution, you may want to ensure that your network is set up correctly and that you don't have high latency or an excessive number of retransmissions. There should be several free resources out there to help diagnose network issues.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

nexus

Post by nexus » Thu May 20, 2010 5:56 am

Since installing MagicSpam alot of remote email servers are now rejecting mail that we are sending out with the following error:

550 A valid sender header is required in message (email@address.com)

I have replaced the actual email address for protection.

Why would this be?

nexus

Post by nexus » Thu May 20, 2010 7:53 am

Many remote servers are rejecting mail from our domain when running MagicSpam because the SMTP banner is displayed as: 220 Spam Protection provided by MagicSpam www.magicspam.com ESMTP and thus does not contain our domain name in the banner.

This is triggering spam rules on servers that match the address provided in the banner!

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu May 20, 2010 11:46 am

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”