Help

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

purelatitude

Help

Post by purelatitude » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:42 am

Hi I'm legitimately trying to email someone who has your protection software and I'm being blocked. So not good for them and not good for me! I will of course reach them by other means - the good old fashioned telephone. As I'm using a major ISP and renowned hosting company, email all the time and totally legit - and I want to get in touch to buy services I thought I'd raise this with you. Can you explain why I am blocked, what if anything I should do, what my email recipent should do in terms of settings or any other advice.
On the face of it, I'm wondering why anyone would buy your product if it stops customers reaching them!
Thanks

magicspam

Re: Help

Post by magicspam » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:18 am

If you go to http://spamrats.com and enter the IP address your email was coming from, you should be able to find out which (if any) blocklists you are on. In addition, the party you were trying to reach should be able to look at the logs and determine why you were blocked.

It may be that you have your email client configured incorrectly and it attempts to send directly to 3rd party servers, rather than relaying through your ISP or other mail-provider's server.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”