SPF-check of plesk - no original bounce message anymore

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

andi

SPF-check of plesk - no original bounce message anymore

Post by andi » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am

hello,

we have enabled in plesk SPF-check option: all mails are rejected, if SPF resolves to fail. as 'spf explanation text' we have defined a coustom bounce message.

but, as i belive, since installation of magiSpam, this custom bounce message is not shown anymore, if mail has been rejected because SPF-check resolves to fail. the sender just get a 'general' 554-error as follows: 554 mail server permanently rejected
message (#5.3.0)

also, if a mailuser tries to send a mail without SMTP auth., he does not receive the same error as earlier: 'sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)'. in my latest check, i did not receive no bounce message, actually.

is this behaviour caused by magicSpam, actually, and what could be done agains?

regards,
andi

magicspam

Re: SPF-check of plesk - no original bounce message anymore

Post by magicspam » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:47 am

Thank you for posting Andi.

Quick question: What version of Plesk is that and what is the MTA installed?

We will need to run through some testing to determine if this is something caused by MagicSpam.

Thanks!

andi

Post by andi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:11 am

hello,
it's PLESK 9.5.4 for linux (debain 5, 64bit) with qmail mta installed.

regards,
andi

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:58 am

Hello Andi,

We've run through some tests and confirmed that the '554 mail server permanently rejected message' is actually issued with the SPF settings as you have related regardless of whether or not MagicSpam is installed or not. We will pass this information on to Parallels and also double check if this still exists as a bug in their 10.x series.

Thanks!

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”