how set a domain to don´t pass by magicspam

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

m0rpheu5

how set a domain to don´t pass by magicspam

Post by m0rpheu5 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello guys, i have a client that received and send almost 20.000 emails per day, and the worst that he works with a country that is in the other side of the world, everything works on 01:00 AM, and don´t work in this time, so i need to set a way to put this domain to don´t pass by Magic Spam, he could receive many spam per day, but he can´t loose more emails. yesterday and today, he didn´t work because many emails are refused by my server.

What i need to do for this client?

magicspam

Re: how set a domain to don´t pass by magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:59 pm

You should be able to add an exemption for the domain you're having trouble with. You can use a wildcard for the username portion so the entire domain is exempted:

*@example.com

Please note that the wildcard cannot be used in the domain portion.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

m0rpheu5

Post by m0rpheu5 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:21 am

I´m doing that, but the problem is that this client, send and receive email to MANY, but MANY domains per day, and i only add the domain in the exeption list when got problem to receive the messages. I´m looking to put this client in a dedicated server.

Thanks

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 am

Sorry, I suppose we were ambiguous when we gave our previous response. For this example, let's assume your user is using local_user.com, and is having trouble receiving mail from remote_server.com.

Rather than adding a *whitelist* entry for remote_server.com, you could add an *exemption* entry for local_user.com. That way, other domains on your server would not be affected by any email sent from remote_server.com, and local_user.com would be able to receive any email sent to it.

We are aware that the terminology used can sometimes be confusing and ambiguous. It is something we are looking into clarifying for a future release.

We hope this information helps!
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”