Spamassassin or MagicSpam or both?

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

Williamhawk

Spamassassin or MagicSpam or both?

Post by Williamhawk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:38 pm

Hello Everyone,

ndependent if using 12.5 or Onyx in Web Host edition I am able to install Spamassassin and/or MagicSpam free version. I am able to mange antispam within Plesk.

a. If both are installed does that interfere the functionality of one of each of them?
b. Or are they working together in some ways?
c. Or does not make sense having both running?

I am just asking what I advises you probably have for me for a good spam filtering solution with Plesk;-). It is not about pro/contra one of them.

Any Idea , Suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks,

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:https://talk.plesk.com/threads/spamassa ... th.339639/

whiteboard videos

magicspam

Re: Spamassassin or MagicSpam or both?

Post by magicspam » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:35 pm

Hello Williamhawk,

Thank you for your post.

MagicSpam provides anti-spam protection through Best Practices rules and IP reputation and it focuses on protecting your system before spam messages even get to your system and it operates on SMTP and Pre-SMTP level, where it block majority of spam messages. This give MagicSpam very low overhead and provide great efficiency for your system.

MagicSpam works very well in combination with a filter such as SpamAssassin because they work at different "levels".

In fact, many MagicSpam users do enable SpamAssassin or other content filtering products to provide additional anti-spam protection through content-filtering while MagicSpam provides Best-Practices and IP reputation based anti-spam protection.

Please feel free to enable SpamAssassin to deal with the leftover spam messages that come from new servers that are not yet being listed on RBLs. That way MagicSpam will reject the most of the massages before they come to your system, and SpamAssassin will filter the ones that do pass MagicSpam.

We hope this answers your questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”