presales

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

BruceLee

presales

Post by BruceLee » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi,
quite annoying to register to receive simple answers that should have been adressed on the homepage already.
I dont mind reading my way through docs, but there are none on this homepage.

There is no comparison anywhere that shows me what version I buy when I purchase at
https://store.plesk.com/1404/purl-secur ... art=169536
The so called "MagicSpam Embedded Protection" is not mentioned anywhere.
NOT a single word what features this version has or what it is compared to
MagicSpam for Plesk (Standard)
MagicSpam for Plesk (PRO Version)
From my research I found only for Plesk various names like free, basic, embedded, standard, pro, mailenable ....
without taking other platforms in consideration.

What is so difficult to cleary state what product with what features is being sold...and with the right name?
What is so diffuclt to answer my e-mail regarding this topic?
What is so diffuclt to make a feature comparison of ALL features and versions?

Thanks.

magicspam

Re: presales

Post by magicspam » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Hello BruceLee,

Thank you for your post.

We understand that you are interested in finding out more about MagicSpam for Plesk, and we understand that you did not find enough information about our product on the Plesk website.

The 'freemium' version of MagicSpam for Plesk offers basic anti-spam protection and it will introduce you to the MagicSpam product. The next tier in MagicSpam protection would be MagicSpam for Plesk (Standard), which offers more options in setting up anti-spam rules and policies for increased anti-spam protection.

The most advanced, MagicSpam for Plesk (PRO Version), introduces the 'FLAG' feature for your MagicSpam which will allow you to flag messages as spam and pass them to your quarantine/spam folder, where they can be analyzed or excluded if needed. MagicSpam PRO version also offers an outbound rate limiter feature, in addition to all features included in the 'standard' version.

Our product, MagicSpam is intended for many platforms. From what you have described, the best thing would be to install the MagicSpam (embedded / 'freemium') from the Plesk extension catalog, and then upgrade it if you would like to have the advanced features enabled in the MagicSpam interface.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

BruceLee

Post by BruceLee » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:27 am

Thanks. Still it does not make sense. So again.
What version do I get when I buy this embedded version from plesk extension store?
Go to this link please:
https://www.plesk.com/extensions/?post_ ... =magicspam
click on "read more" link of magicspam extension from this point you could buy magicspam.
What version is this?

You mentioned "MagicSpam (embedded / 'freemium') from the Plesk extension catalog"
This means the freemium version costs money.
Is it like that?
Thanks

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:40 am

Hello BruceLee,

Embedded versions of MagicSpam that you see on the Plesk website are:

MagicSpam for Plesk (Freemium)
and
MagicSpam for Plesk (Standard).

You can install the 'freemium' version for free, to get introduced to MagicSpam Product. You can do that by clicking 'Download Now' link on Plesk website. Once you find that you are satisfied with MagicSpam features, you can buy the license for standard version from Plesk website, which will allow you more control over your spam protection - this is the only purchasable version on Plesk website.

We also offer MagicSpam PRO version which introduces 'FLAG'/Quarantine option, as well as the Outbound Rate Limiter feature.
The MagicSpam PRO for Plesk (and WHM/cPanel) is only available from our website:

http://magicspam.com/store.php

We hope this answers your question.

BruceLee

Post by BruceLee » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:33 am

Thanks. So there is no version called Embedded.
And that what is being sold at Plesk store is the Standard version.
It would have been so extremly simple to just name the product Standard Version at Plesk store.
Instead there are fictional names which cause inconsistence.
Thanks for clarifying that.

So now that I know that one question regarding the features remains.
The Pro version includes "Configuration and logging on a per-user basis"
Logging is clear, but what features exactly can I configure on per-user-basis?

Thanks

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Hello BruceLee,

You are correct, there is no version called 'Embedded'. 'Embeded' means that the MagicSpam is integrated into the Plesk platform/interface - not a standalone version.

As for your second question about "Configuration and logging on a per-user basis", these are features that will allow your users to configure certain policies and spam filtering themselves based on global rules set by the administrator. This will give your customers more freedom in controlling their own mail and less support hours for your team.

Please let us know if you have any further questions and thank you for considering the MagicSpam!

BruceLee

Post by BruceLee » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 am

thanks, I know what embedded and standalones means. It's named wrong by you or Plesk in the store. Thats waht I was pointing at.

Regarding "Configuration and logging on a per-user basis". I also know what that means.
But since you have no demos and no screenshots of all versions it is not clear what EXACTLY you can configure.
"to configure certain policies and spam filtering themselves based on global rules set by the administrator"
It's too basic.
"Certain policies"...."global rules" ....
What exactly?
Thanks

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:23 pm

Hello BruceLee,

Thank you for your post.

In Plesk there is a free version of MagicSpam that will offer you a possibility to familiarize yourself with MagicSpam and learn more about its features.

We would also recommend checking our MagicSpam website:

http://www.magicspam.com/

For more information about MagicSpam and the technology behind it. On our website you will also find informational videos for both features and how to use MagicSpam with your email server.

That should give you a general idea of this product and a good head start in using MagicSpam.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

BruceLee

Post by BruceLee » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:54 am

Thanks, but the answer is so random and useless. and it looks like you have no idea about your own product.

So:
"free version of MagicSpam" > does not offer these settings that I want to know about. or does it have everything in there grayed out?

"checking our MagicSpam website:" > also your website does not offer any information regarding this topic. it is by far the most less informative product page I have ever seen for a product at this scale/level.

"videos" > have not found any videos that show these options. just shotr videos barely containing really usefull information.

"give you a general idea of this product " > I have a general idea of your product

I'M ASKING ABOUT DETAILS BEFORE I BUY THE PRODCUT.
But it seams no one working at Magicspam has this knowledge.
Thread can be closed. Disappointing. Thanks for your help so far.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:55 am

Hello BruceLee,

Thank you for the reply and the feedback.

We have not had any previous complains in regard the lack of information, so we did not go into to much details about our product, apart from what you see on our website; however, we will make sure to let our team know about making the site more informative.

The free version of MagicSpam will have most of the options available for your use, and the items that are not available in the Free version will have the "License Key Required" text shown.

MagicSpam has a lot of features and explaining them individually in detail would be an extensive process. May we recommend that you install the free version of MagicSpam (where each feature/option has on-screen description/information). If you have any questions after looking through the options in the MagicSpam Interface, we will be happy to answer them.

Thank you again for considering MagicSpam.

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”