Big problem with Backscatter email

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

dancespain

Big problem with Backscatter email

Post by dancespain » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 am

Hi all, I am having big problems with hotmail thanks to MagicSpam. The problem is that most of spam use false email address and when MagicSpam reject the email message send the reject message to that false email address. In this case hotmail detect it as backscatter email and mark the IP as spam sender. There is any option to disable the send of reject messages on MagicSpam? If the answer is not I will cancel my account with MagicSpam because I can work with it.

magicspam

Re: Big problem with Backscatter email

Post by magicspam » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:36 am

Hello!

Thank you for posting your question and for supporting MagicSpam!

Please note that MagicSpam does not send any bounce emails (backscatter), it only provides SMTP level rejection notices back to the sending server. The sending server would then take the rejection notice from MagicSpam and send it back to the message sender as a failure notice.

Whoever is in charge of the sending server would be at risk of becoming blocked due to backscatter. They could stop this backscatter from occurring if they stop spammers from sending spam through their email server (with spoofed From addresses).

If you are in charge of the sending server we would recommend checking the origin of these message sending with spoofed from addresses. It is possible that you have a compromised user or a compromised "allowed to relay" host.

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”