Is MagicSpam right for me?

This is the area for a general support questions, discussions and information that you can read and share. Post your experiences, stats and tricks and tips that are not covered elsewhere. Remember, for questions please search the FAQ first, as your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

createpoint

Is MagicSpam right for me?

Post by createpoint » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:33 am

Wondering if some MS users could give me advice. I need a spam solution and am running a Windows 2003 Standard Server with Plesk 8.2.0 and MailEnable Pro 2.38 installed through the server, not through Plesk. I realize I may need to upgrade Plesk/ME, but will MagicSpam work with current configuration? Is it a good solution (>98% spam filtering?).

Thanks!

magicspam

Re: Is MagicSpam right for me?

Post by magicspam » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 pm

It appears that our forum members are being shy!

Naturally, we may be a little biased on the subject, but we feel that MagicSpam used in conjunction with a content filter such as SpamAssassin offers great protection from spam. Several of our customers are using that pairing and they seem to be quite happy with the results!

As for the versions you're using, you will need to update MailEnable to at least version 3.2 in order to use MagicSpam.

We hope this information helps you make the right choice.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

mrredpants

Post by mrredpants » Fri May 07, 2010 8:01 pm

I've noticed that comment twice now about combining SpamAssassin with MagicSpam

I have both installed on our server but little to no experience in any setup - this was why I sought out magicspam as it seemed a plug and play option.

2 questions:
1. I see that magicspam has blocked some spam messages, however I cannot find where I can view what message it blocked. i see the log of last 50, but, that's not it. I'm looking via the Plesk Module

2. How can I get some assistance in setting up our server with a combination of magicspam and spamassassin to best block spam? Do you provide that sort of support?

Thanks.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon May 10, 2010 10:45 am

MagicSpam does not retain content data on the messages it blocks. The only data retained is what is in the logs. Storing the message would defeat the whole purpose of blocking it (e.g: not processing it and not having to store it).

As for setting up MagicSpam with SpamAssassin, we may be able to help with that on a billable support ticket. Please contact sales [at] magicspam [dot] com if you're interested in doing that.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Return to “General Discussions and Support Questions”