edit/add to the automatic bounced message a sender receives

Help us help you. We all want the product to continually improve, and you the customer can help us with that. Please visit here for ideas about our future roadmaps, schedules etc, and feel free to post your WISHLISTS for our developers and management to read.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

raymondlee

edit/add to the automatic bounced message a sender receives

Post by raymondlee » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:39 pm

On occasion a legitimate non-spam email that is sent to one of our clients on our server is bounced. The message that they will receive for this applied rule: Block Mail Servers on Dynamic/Dial-up Addresses - (Rule name: check_dynamic_reverse_dns)
is:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

said: 550-Your message was rejected by this system and was not delivered.
550-Reason: Your IP address [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] appears not to be an email
server. 550-Protection provided by: MagicSpam 1.0.4-2
(http://www.magicspam.com/) 550-For more information, please visit the URL:
550-http://www.linuxmagic.com/best_practice ... e_dns.html
550 or contact your ISP or mail server operator. (in reply to RCPT TO
command)

Is it possible to edit or add to the automatic bounced message a sender receives, for example:
I would like to add my own link to the automatic response, something like,

If your email was bounced in error please fill out the following form at the provided link below to contact the email administrator so your email can be placed on the servers "safelist"
http://www.brainstormvideo.ca/addmetosafelistform.php
<--this is an example only.

This would take care of frustrated senders and will provide a peace of mind solution to my clients who host with us. Adding a sender to the "white list" will also happen much faster than the current way it's done which a frustrated sender calls one of my hosted clients and then my frustrated client calls me.

magicspam

Re: edit/add to the automatic bounced message a sender receives

Post by magicspam » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:50 pm

Hello Raymond,

At this time, it is not possible to append another message to the end of the rejection notice. This is, however, something which we can see as being a helpful addition to the MagicSpam product.

Thanks for your input!
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Ruudboy

Post by Ruudboy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:13 pm

This is something i would also like a lot!!!

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:48 am

I just discussed this with our Development Team and they said that they're definitely planning on it.

Right now they're hard at work, making the spam protection even better than it is now.

bcw

Post by bcw » Mon May 24, 2010 8:21 am

I would also like to see a feature that allows false positives to be addressed. This would be the icing on the cake.

My first preference would be for a solution that allows the sender and intended receipient to negotiate the white listing. Next in order of preference would be the ability to designate an spam administrator on a per domain basis. My last preference is having a single administrator for the entire system.

My reasoning for this approach is that in the end, the receipient must be contacted to verify the senders validity and it will be quicker to go directly to the source.

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue May 25, 2010 10:03 am

I will pass your suggestions on to the developers. Thank you for your ideas!

denspad

Post by denspad » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:02 am

Come on guys, I see people requested this change in April this year, we are now in October. As a subscriber to your product, a number of my clients on my server are fed up having to ask senders to forward rejected mail on to me and I am fed up forwarding rejected mail from legitimate domains that simple have not setup their reverse-dns or the ISP will not do this for them, yet they are legitimate businesses with legitimate domains. I also have to keep adding their domains to the whitelist.

Users are crying out for custom bounce messages so at least my clients will not have to keep calling me and worrying that they are not receiving email.

Perhaps publishing a development roadmap will at least show purchasers your intending developments at the very least!

Ruudboy

Post by Ruudboy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 am

same feeling here...

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:04 pm

This feature (custom rejection notices) is now available with the latest release of MagicSpam 1.0.5-1.

raymondlee

Post by raymondlee » Thu May 19, 2011 7:08 am

Is there a way to test the various (custom rejection notices) "bounced message" to see exactly what the individual on the other receiving side receives? My goal is I want the rejection notice it to look professional and easy to understand.

Thanks

Return to “Wishlists and Roadmaps”