Mailenable Pro 3.x and Plesk

This is where the frequently asked questions, and responses is kept. You should do a quick search on any questions before posting to the general forum. Your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

jonca

Re: Mailenable Pro 3.x and Plesk

Post by jonca » Tue May 18, 2010 3:17 pm

EuroVPS reinstalled MagicSpam so I could access the control panel

What its not doing is catching any spam.. It doesn't appear to interact with anything and I still have the same level of spam as I had prior to install

Did you get anything from the log file?

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Tue May 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Did you purchase MagicSpam directly from us or did you purchase it through Plesk? If it was purchased via Plesk, the installation instructions may be slightly different, and that could be preventing it from operating properly.

Is the license key showing up as valid? Is MagicSpam listed as "Enabled"?

Would you be able to provide us with any screenshots of your interface so we can see what you're seeing?
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

jonca

Post by jonca » Tue May 18, 2010 11:37 pm

magicspam wrote:Did you purchase MagicSpam directly from us or did you purchase it through Plesk? If it was purchased via Plesk, the installation instructions may be slightly different, and that could be preventing it from operating properly.

Is the license key showing up as valid? Is MagicSpam listed as "Enabled"?

Would you be able to provide us with any screenshots of your interface so we can see what you're seeing?
1) Purchased direct from you on monthly licence
2) Key shows as valid License Key: Expires: Next Update:
MSPLSK-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXXDBD 06-20-2010 06-17-2010
3) MagicSpam protection is currently ENABLED

Email with screenshots sent from This-Email-Address--Accounts-at-eyresource-dot-co-dot-uk

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed May 19, 2010 10:03 am

Which email address did you send the screenshots to? We have not received any. In fact, the only email we have that mentions the domain you specified is the initial notice of purchase.

We have a few more questions for you regarding this:
1) What's the name of the package you've been using to install MagicSpam?
2) Why did EuroVPS have to reinstall the package for you?
3) Are you the server administrator?
4) Have you (or EuroVPS) done a security lockdown of the system?

Some more things you may want to try:
1) See if there are any error messages in the MailEnable logs that may be connected with this issue
2) Is anything regarding MagicSpam showing up in the event viewer?

jonca

Post by jonca » Wed May 19, 2010 10:22 am

It was sent to support using the email address on the support page and i have also forwarded a copy to debug

jonca

Post by jonca » Wed May 19, 2010 12:51 pm

Event Viewer shows a missing file MEMTA.EXE re occuring since install date, nothing showing with magicspam

Nothing connected with Magicspam in the log files

jonca

Post by jonca » Thu May 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Gents

Can we have a more responsive method of communication, I'm in a different time zone and since you dont post my messages within my working day, I have a 24hr delay each time i reply

Thanks

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Thu May 20, 2010 5:43 pm

We have not yet received answers to our previously asked questions. We will need the additional information in order to best assess the situation and find a resolution.

We work diligently to respond to all forum questions in a timely matter. We apologise if you feel your questions have not been responded to quickly enough. We will endeavour to improve upon this.

The missing MEMTA.exe message is related to Mailenable and not MagicSpam. As a result, we cannot support the resolution of that particular issue, however, once it is resolved, we will be happy to help in any way we can.

jonca

Post by jonca » Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Have you found the email yet that includes the answers to all your questions and screen shots, its been sent twice

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Fri May 21, 2010 9:37 am

We have received your email, yes. It was listed as attempt #3. We have checked our logs, and other than that one message, there is no mention of you in the logs going back a full week. Is it possible that the previous attempts were stuck in your outbound queue?

Unfortunately, the screenshots you've provided are of little help as they are too small to make out any details. If you take another set of screenshots, please ensure that they are sufficiently large so that we may read the text in the MagicSpam interfaces.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)”