Upgrading to a new server

This is where the frequently asked questions, and responses is kept. You should do a quick search on any questions before posting to the general forum. Your question may already be answered.

Moderators: wizard, magicspam

raymondlee

Upgrading to a new server

Post by raymondlee » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:00 pm

We are upgrading to a new server, our current server has plesk 8.6 and our new server will have plesk 9.3

1. Is it possible to transfer all of my current magicspam settings to the new server, such as Best Practices Rules, Block Lists settings and exemption lists.

Thanks,

Ray

magicspam

Re: Upgrading to a new server

Post by magicspam » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am

Hello Ray,

It certainly is possible to migrate settings. Prior to installing MagicSpam on your new server, migrate the directory:

/etc/magicspam

from your old server. The installer will make any necessary configuration updates specific to version from there and your previous settings should be in place.
-- MagicSpam Support Team --

raymondlee

Post by raymondlee » Wed May 12, 2010 11:21 am

Our new server was delayed a few months and the new server comes with Parallels plesk 9.5.2

1. Does Magicspam support this version

2. I'll be running there servers side by side, however the new server with plesk 9.5.2 will not be going live until I migrate all of my clients sites.

3. When I migrate the /etc/magicspam directory over to the new server can I install the magicspam module before the server goes live. The new server has a new ip, however the ip address will be changed to the ip address our old server was using once it goes live.

4. How do I install the module on the new server?

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Wed May 12, 2010 1:54 pm

We're sorry to hear that your new server was delayed. Below are the answers to your questions.

1) Yes, MagicSpam can be run on Plesk 9.5.2

2 & 3) If you intend to have MagicSpam running on both servers, you will need to purchase an additional license.

4) You should be able to install the module the same way as you did the last time. Out of curiosity, did you purchase directly from us or did you purchase via Parallels?

raymondlee

Post by raymondlee » Mon May 17, 2010 8:28 am

I purchased MagicSpam directly from your company. I'll purchase the additional license just before the new server goes live and cancel the license on the old server when it's no longer required, a few days later.

How do I cancel the license on the old server?

magicspam

Post by magicspam » Mon May 17, 2010 11:54 am

When you're ready to cancel the existing license, simply send an email including the license you want to cancel to sales [at] magicspam [dot] com. They will take care of that for you right away.

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)”